MENU   Close the menu

RV Insurance


RV's come in a variety of shapes and sizes designed to meet the travel needs of the most basic camper to luxury accommodations and policies are built to protect you and your RV in almost any situation, from driving your motorhome cross-country to pulling your travel trailer to your favorite campsite. 

What type of RV do you own? 
A Motor Home is a recreational vehicle that you drive, and a Travel Trailer is a recreational vehicle that you tow.

What does RV and travel trailer insurance cover?
Regardless of your motorhome or trailer type, RV insurance protects your vehicle if it’s damaged in an accident. You can also get protection for personal belongings inside your RV, as well as liability coverage on the road and when your RV is parked. Additionally, you’ll be able to choose medical payments to cover medical bills for you and your passengers if you’re in an accident, plus roadside assistance and emergency expense coverage.

Recreational vs. Full-timer's
RV insurance is generally divided into two categories: recreational and full-timer's. Recreational is for you if you aren't living in your RV full time and will cover your RV inside and out while on the road or parked at a campsite.

Full-timer's insurance is meant for those using a motorhome or travel trailer as their primary residence. Many of the coverages will match up with a recreational policy, but you'll be able to add additional coverages that are similar to homeowners insurance, like personal liability and loss assessment.

Standard RV coverages
COMPREHENSIVE: Protects your RV from theft, vandalism, windshield damage, acts of nature, rocks and debris kicked up by other vehicles, and accidents/impact with animals. A deductible applies.

COLLISION: Covers damage to your RV if you're in an accident and hit another vehicle or object, regardless of fault. Note that you won't be able to purchase collision without also purchasing comprehensive. A deductible also applies.

Damages/injuries you cause
Bodily injury and property damage liability: Pays for damage or injuries you cause while driving your motorhome. It also covers legal fees that may result from the accident. In most states, this is the only required coverage. Coverage does not apply to travel trailer policies.

Damages to your RV and injuries from uninsured drivers
UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED PROPERTY DAMAGE: If your motorhome is hit and damaged by a driver who isn't carrying insurance or doesn't have enough to cover the damage they've caused, uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage coverage will pay to repair or replace it (up to your policy's limits).

 BODILY INJURY: The same goes for injuries you suffer at the hands of an uninsured or underinsured driver—we'll cover your injuries up to the limits of your policy. Coverage does not apply to travel trailer policies.

Your injuries
MEDICAL PAYMENTS: Covers medical bills, up to the limits you choose, for you and your passengers if you're in an accident, regardless of fault. Coverage does not apply to travel trailer policies.
Enhanced RV coverages
·Roadside assistance
·Total loss replacement
·Replacement cost/personal effects
·Emergency expense
·Pet injury coverage
·Vacation liability
·Full-timer's personal liability
·Loss assessment
·Disappearing deductibles

To learn more about our Enhanced Coverage options and get a free quote today, CLICK HERE.

It’s almost that time of year, check out one of our favorite places, Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, voted top 3 luxury RV Resorts in the world by USA Today.


Let's Connect!

With direct relationships with 30 insurance carriers, we stay on top of the insurance markets so you don’t have to.