Employment Opportunities with CRV
If you want to work with professional people who are community and industry leaders – and for an agency that values continuing education and technical competency – CRV may be the place for you! We have offices in Middletown and East Providence, Rhode Island and in Dartmouth, Massachusetts and a current staff of 45 people. We are a privately-owned property and casualty insurance agency, founded in 1961 with a stellar reputation for excellent client service. Ours is a culture of responsibility to our clients, our employees, our profession, our industry, and our community.
We offer varied career paths for insurance professionals in both commercial insurance and personal insurance – and from both a sales and a service perspective. All customer service and sales staff members are licensed insurance producers and are encouraged to hold advanced designations.
Carey, Richmond & Viking provides a generous benefit package for full-time employees including health benefits, 401K, and profit sharing. The salary range for all positions is commensurate with level of experience and education.
Please send your resume, references, and cover letter (required) to our Human Resources Department. Fax and email responses are welcome.
Human Resources Manager
Carey, Richmond & Viking Insurance
Two Corporate Place
Middletown, RI 02842
Do you enjoy networking and creating relationships? New business development opportunity to contact potential business partners and create a rapport by networking, cold calling and using your existing sphere of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify relationships with key referral partners: Mortgage Originators, Real Estate Professionals, Financial Planners, etc…
- Networking and creating new business opportunities for selling home, auto, flood, etc.
- Maintain existing relationships to produce new business sales while acting as a risk consultant for your clients.
- Work closely with Account Managers
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Willing to invest time in creating and maintaining relationships
- Possess time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a desire to learn
- Computer savvy and can learn new systems quickly
- Ability to quote various policies through multiple carrier sites
- Occasionally attend after-hour events
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in personal insurance and/or possess a solid sales background
- Possess P&C License or has the ability to attain
We are currently seeking a Commercial Lines Account Manager to join our growing team!
- Managing, enhancing and retaining client relationships; handle all customer transactions as well as preparing proposals and summaries of insurance
- Maintain a high degree of organization and accuracy in processing of customer transactions
- Ability to follow agency procedures with minimal supervision
- Work in partnership with Producers and develop strong working relationships with company underwriters
- 3+ years’ experience servicing Commercial Line accounts
- A valid insurance producer license required
- Knowledgeable in Commercial Lines coverages and terminology
- Experience working with company online rating systems
- An aptitude for exceptional customer service; solid oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Agency Management systems