Employment Opportunities with CRV
If you want to work with professional people who are community and industry leaders – and for an agency that values continuing education and technical competency – CRV may be the place for you! We have offices in Middletown and East Providence, Rhode Island and in Dartmouth, Massachusetts and a current staff of 45 people. We are a privately-owned property and casualty insurance agency, founded in 1961 with a stellar reputation for excellent client service. Ours is a culture of responsibility to our clients, our employees, our profession, our industry, and our community.
We offer varied career paths for insurance professionals in both commercial insurance and personal insurance – and from both a sales and a service perspective. All customer service and sales staff members are licensed insurance producers and are encouraged to hold advanced designations.
Carey, Richmond & Viking provides a generous benefit package for full-time employees including health benefits, 401K, and profit sharing. The salary range for all positions is commensurate with level of experience and education.
Please send your resume, references, and cover letter (required) to our Human Resources Department. Fax and email responses are welcome.
Human Resources Manager
Carey, Richmond & Viking Insurance
2 Corporate Place
Middletown, RI 02842
Responsible for managing, enhancing and retaining long-term client relationships, serving as client advocate on all risk and insurance issues through comprehensive and responsive support based upon effective interpersonal and communication skills, and sound technical knowledge of insurance products and services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, retain and enhance assigned client relationships in collaboration with Account Executive(s)
- Provide responsive and comprehensive service to client accounts
- Serve as the client’s advocate on all risk and insurance issues
- Completes applications in coordination with Account Executive; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Account Executives.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Meet quality standards of the agency to include E&O best practices
- Develop and maintain long-term, high quality relationships with the decision makers and personnel of each assigned client, with an emphasis on understanding the nature, challenges and risk exposures of each client’s business.
- Effectively manage the day to day activities and requirements of an assigned book of business; set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions.
- During renewals as well as new and mid-term additions of risk, work collaboratively with Account Executive(s) to analyze client needs, prepare applications and proposals, place business appropriately and on time, and to identify risk to properly protect client’s assets, utilizing standard carrier markets as well as specialty markets as required.
- Develop and maintain quality, professional relationships at all times (clients, carriers, coworkers, other resources.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- 3-5 years commercial property and casualty insurance experience preferred; Possess an active Rhode Island Producer’s license (or the ability to obtain one such as holding a valid out-of-state broker’s license that can be quickly converted)
- Knowledgeable in Commercial Property, GL, Auto, WC and Inland Marine coverage combined with the ability to effectively communicate and review these subjects with clients and carriers
- Ability to analyze complex insurance situations, needs and options and communicate these options both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise manner
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages. Advanced Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets. Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to make a good first impression based upon the total of one’s personality, character, and professionalism; also, must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills required to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, carriers and other entities beneficial to the success of the Company
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Professional designations such as CPCU, AM, and/or CIC are considered desirable.
- Skilled at identifying and analyzing client exposures encompassing all aspects of risk, ideally with 3-5 years’ experience developed within agency or broker environments, and able to effectively negotiate with underwriters on coverage/placements/service issues
- Understand and carry a working knowledge of all lines of business as well as a familiarity of the surplus lines marketplace is desirable.
As a Personal Lines Property & Casualty Sales Executive, you are the primary business contact for new business prospects. You are expected to provide consistently superior customer service to clients by identifying their needs and provide a solution to ensure quality sales. You will be required to develop a rapport with business partners to support new and repeat business possibilities and attend occasional after-hour events. The role involves face-to-face and telephonic sales-based communications with customers and business partners. Growth and success are measured by your performance and capacity to meet production goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing overall sales action plans to exceed production goals for your territory and meet required revenue targets.
- Discovering new business contacts and fostering relationships to close the sale
- Cultivating relationships with a wide variety of key decision makers and business partners
- Performing sales prospecting activities on a routine basis through cold calling, telemarketing, partner relationships, and customer referrals
- Initiating and expanding on networking with high priority influencers such as real estate agents, loan officers, financial planners, etc.
- Conducting face-to-face or virtual meetings while ensuring company professionalism at all times (proper business attire required)
- Developing proposals and delivering presentations and information utilizing company brand standards.
- Maintaining the Applied EPIC customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Providing competitive market feedback and ability to remain current on industry trends
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven successful sales background
- Excellent persuasive and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to connect with customers and gain trust quickly
- Strong time management skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Team player
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, solid attention to detail, and a desire to learn
- Possess Property & Casualty producer license or the ability to obtain
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3+ years in personal insurance sales preferred or
- 3+ years of recent consumer-based sales experience