Employment Opportunities with CRV
If you want to work with professional people who are community and industry leaders – and for an agency that values continuing education and technical competency – CRV may be the place for you! We have offices in Middletown and East Providence, Rhode Island and in Dartmouth, Massachusetts and a current staff of 45 people. We are a privately-owned property and casualty insurance agency, founded in 1961 with a stellar reputation for excellent client service. Ours is a culture of responsibility to our clients, our employees, our profession, our industry, and our community.
We offer varied career paths for insurance professionals in both commercial insurance and personal insurance – and from both a sales and a service perspective. All customer service and sales staff members are licensed insurance producers and are encouraged to hold advanced designations.
Carey, Richmond & Viking provides a generous benefit package for full-time employees including health benefits, 401K, and profit sharing. The salary range for all positions is commensurate with level of experience and education.
Please send your resume, references, and cover letter (required) to our Human Resources Department. Fax and email responses are welcome.
Human Resources Manager
Carey, Richmond & Viking Insurance
2 Corporate Place
Middletown, RI 02842
Sales Executive - Personal Insurance
As a Personal Lines Property & Casualty Sales Executive, you are the primary business contact for new business prospects. You are expected to provide consistently superior customer service to clients by identifying their needs and provide a solution to ensure quality sales. You will be required to develop a rapport with business partners to support new and repeat business possibilities and attend occasional after-hour events. The role involves face-to-face and telephonic sales-based communications with customers and business partners. Growth and success are measured by your performance and capacity to meet production goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing overall sales action plans to exceed production goals for your territory and meet required revenue targets.
- Discovering new business contacts and fostering relationships to close the sale
- Cultivating relationships with a wide variety of key decision makers and business partners
- Performing sales prospecting activities on a routine basis through cold calling, telemarketing, partner relationships, and customer referrals
- Initiating and expanding on networking with high priority influencers such as real estate agents, loan officers, financial planners, etc.
- Conducting face-to-face or virtual meetings while ensuring company professionalism at all times (proper business attire required)
- Developing proposals and delivering presentations and information utilizing company brand standards.
- Maintaining the Applied EPIC customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Providing competitive market feedback and ability to remain current on industry trends
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven successful sales background
- Excellent persuasive and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to connect with customers and gain trust quickly
- Strong time management skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Team player
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, solid attention to detail, and a desire to learn
- Possess Property & Casualty producer license or the ability to obtain
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3+ years in personal insurance sales preferred or
- 3+ years of recent consumer-based sales experience
Position reports to: Director of Sales Operations and Enablement
Director of SO&E will: assist with internal focused processes such as sales goals and reporting, performance review, development plan documentation, sales process training, sales campaign design/execution and day to day administrative requests and support.
Dotted line matrix reporting to Director of Business Development who will: assist with all External community outreach relationship development, identifying lead channels for sales team, carrier training and coaching, influencer networking/education and any other external facing needs.