Employment Opportunities with CRV
If you want to work with professional people who are community and industry leaders – and for an agency that values continuing education and technical competency – CRV may be the place for you! We have offices in Middletown and East Providence, Rhode Island and in Dartmouth, Massachusetts and a current staff of 45 people. We are a privately-owned property and casualty insurance agency, founded in 1961 with a stellar reputation for excellent client service. Ours is a culture of responsibility to our clients, our employees, our profession, our industry, and our community.
We offer varied career paths for insurance professionals in both commercial insurance and personal insurance – and from both a sales and a service perspective. All customer service and sales staff members are licensed insurance producers and are encouraged to hold advanced designations.
Carey, Richmond & Viking provides a generous benefit package for full-time employees including health benefits, 401K, and profit sharing. The salary range for all positions is commensurate with level of experience and education.
Please send your resume, references, and cover letter (required) to our Human Resources Department. Fax and email responses are welcome.
Human Resources Manager
Carey, Richmond & Viking Insurance
Two Corporate Place
Middletown, RI 02842
- Account Manager Personal Insurance
- Personal Insurance Sales Associate
- Account Manager Commercial Insurance
Account Manager - Personal Insurance
This position prefers a licensed professional with a minimum of three years’ experience in personal insurance account management in an agency environment. The right candidate will also offer proficiency in up-to-date agency technology, and excellent written and verbal skills. There may also be an opportunity to offer an entry-level training position in 2018.
Our Account Managers have the ability to market and place new and renewal policies. They collaborate with underwriters to successfully retain business and are able to identify and react to opportunities to insure retention. We value a team environment where we are encouraged to share experience and knowledge with our team members.
A demonstrated ability to effectively manage a personal lines book of business is highly desired and will be appropriately compensated. We provide technical training (on and off site) and a complete benefits package.
If you would prefer to focus on new business opportunities, rather than account retention or service, our sales executive position may be for you. We seek experienced service or sales representatives or insurance account managers with a preference for commission-generating outside sales.
Our outside Sales Executives will be able to identify and reach out to new business channels and make presentations as well as develop strategies using a wide variety of sales and marketing tools and methods. We offer long term stability, no confined market territories, and the opportunity to grow your income. We provide leads, a comprehensive product line, full marketing support, licensing and technical training. Our compensation strategy includes a base salary plus immediate new business commissions, and a complete benefits package.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Lines Account Manager to join our growing team!
- Managing, enhancing and retaining client relationships; handle all customer transactions as well as preparing proposals and summaries of insurance
- Maintain a high degree of organization and accuracy in processing of customer transactions
- Ability to follow agency procedures with minimal supervision
- Work in partnership with Producers and develop strong working relationships with company underwriters
- 3+ years’ experience servicing Commercial Line accounts
- A valid insurance producer license required
- Knowledgeable in Commercial Lines coverages and terminology
- Experience working with company online rating systems
- An aptitude for exceptional customer service; solid oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Agency Management systems